Law Clerk/Junior Solicitor - Legal Costings
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 650+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference. We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. Our offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
Due to an internal promotion, we now have a great opportunity for up-and-coming talent to explore this role within our Legal Costing team within our Head Office in Brisbane's CBD.
The Legal Costing Law Clerk (or Solicitor) offers legal and other support to the Legal Costing Department in all aspects of finalisation of our clients’ matters including costing and timely recovery of settlement monies.
This role partners with Shine’s leaders, fee-earners and Settlement Services teams to establish short and long term processes to ensure full cost recovery in accordance with the terms under Shine Lawyers’ current Legal Costing Agreements.
- Assisting in preparation of cost statements for recoverable defendant costs as well as solicitor and own client itemised accounts
- Preparing assessment of recoverable defendant costs in preparation for compulsory conferences, mediations and following resolution of matters
- Provision of legal advice to lawyers in relation to all aspects of costing, including our firm’s Client Agreement and recovery of defendant costs pursuant to the relevant Court scales
- Assist with the negotiation costs on settled matters and third party debtor matters
- Full time, Monday to Friday
- Legal Knowledge/Experience: general experience in legal environment as a minimum
- Exceptional MS Office skills, Excel skills must be outstanding
- High analytical and problem solving skills: acting as an advisor and presenting solutions
- Sound financial management awareness ideal but not essential
- Collaborative and consultative approach to building relationships and influencing key stakeholders
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable to new and ongoing challenges
- Organisation skills: ensure objectives are achieved in a timely manner
- Specific costing knowledge is not required as full training will be provided
The successful candidate may be newly admitted, near admission or hold general experience in a legal environment. This role reports to the National Costing Solicitor. This is a full-time position located in Brisbane.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations; growing emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application